- Brian bakes banana bread.
- Lucky loves lollipops.
- Maria makes muffins.
hyperbole: exaggerating to the extreme
- I am so tired, I could sleep for a year.
- I am so hungry, I could eat a cow.
metaphor: comparing 2 things without using "like" or "as"
- The cloud is a cotton ball.
- The classroom is a rainbow.
onomatopoeia:using a word to represent a sound
- The bee buzzed.
- The basketball swooshed into the net.
personification: giving an animal or an object human-like qualities
- The sun smiled at me.
repetition: using the same word or line over and over again
- Feel the love. Feel the joy. Feel the warmth. Feel the laughter.
rhyme: ending lines with 2 or more words that have the same end sound
- The cat jumped on the bed. He landed on his head.
- This class is as beautiful as a rainbow.
- Your lipstick is red like a rose.
Write a poem (or even just a line or two) using one or more of these poetic devices.